The wedding photography could be more stressful for the inexperienced photographer. However, if you prepared well and master the wedding location, it could be easier for you to take the beautiful photos without being too stressed due to its difficulties. Here are the tips for the wedding photography :
Mastered the location
The things that you need to do before taking the photos of a wedding is coming to the location at least one day before the ceremony. Besides that, building a good relationship with both the bride and the groom would be important. We also should know where are the spots to take the pictures, the location of the lights, the path of the guests, and much more. Always take several photos when you’re going to visit the location for the references.
You definitely don’t want to forget to bring additional batteries and memory cards. It could ruined your work for the whole day. That’s way, you need to prepare every thing carefully before the ceremony starts.
Here are the pro tips for the new photographers in the wedding photography, that we hope could make us more capable to do our work in the future :
Renting or buying one more camera would make us easier to capture certain moments. Always carry 2 cameras with the kit or wide lenses, so that you can capture the whole moment or a family photo. While the camera with the semi-telescope or the telescope lens would help you to capture the candid photos that could feature the object expression. It’s recommended for you to use the 55-200mm or 70-300mm.
Another thing that needs to be considered is to have a photographer partner. One for the formal photos while the other going for the candid ones. It’s almost same with the 2 cameras, however, the task distribution is pretty much clear, and the result would be maximum. Besides that, you won’t be burdened as “the only one” who have to capture the whole moment.
The wedding photography requires a lot of editing. That’s why it’s recommended for you to use the RAW format. Even though you need to work twice if you’re using this format, due to its large memory consumption and much more, the RAW format has the large variation of settings. Aside from you can get the maximum result, you can also set the light, the contrast, and much more. The RAW format is mandatory for the wedding photography.
One more thing that often could be a technical problem for the wedding photos, it is the light. It’s got two problems, over exposure or under exposure. Besides the ISO setting, diaphragm, or the shutter speed, we also have to set the flash. We could use the bounce (reflection) technique or use a diffuser in order the smoothing the light that has been captured by the camera.
In the wedding ceremony, a photographer needs to be firm to the guests if they’re disturbing the photographer. However, don’t be too stand out, even though you have more freedom to walk around while the ceremony is proceeding.
Everyone wants the best at the wedding, no exception for wedding photography. We know is a sacred where two people bound together in a promise that should not be violated each other. Sometimes, people prepare the wedding party from the previous month. They do not make a little mistake in their special moment which they only want to do for once in a life. Not only on the day of the wedding, they also prepared for the wedding photography. They will choose the best photographer to make a good photography for their wedding. Look extraordinary is what they want because it did for the people who they love. Sometimes, they choose a special theme for their wedding photography. Prince and princess are the themes most often taken. They also can choose the theme of fairy tales that will use a lot of properties. Not only in enclosed spaces but the wedding photography also can do in open spaces.
To choose the right photographer that can handle our wedding photography, we should know some characters of them. Usually, the best photographer gives much instructions to their team and their customers. They willingly busy with a wide range of properties to support their work. They will take a long time to get the perfect picture because they know the best result which can be selected. If we are choosing a photographer that only takes a minute to get the best wedding photography, we have been wrong to take him because he is not a professional. The professional photographer will not take a bad picture for their customers because they want their work can make people happy. The professional photographer will prioritize their work than the fees. So, if we want to make our wedding be a great event in our life, we should know the best photographer and ask him to make a perfect wedding photography.
A wedding is one of the best moments filled with joy that people want to remember for the rest of their life. Photographs are one of the best ways to remember those moments, so you really need to prepare yourself to give your best shot in a wedding photography. You will be the one that will hold the responsibility in capturing every moment that could be joyful or compassionate, so get prepared! Now, before you grab your camera, here are some tips to make sure that you will be able to get emotional photos in a wedding;
1. Small details are important. The ring, dresses, flowers, shoes and other small details that the couple fusses about to prepare the wedding will be the interesting memento and give the album another depth. So, always looking out for the details that capture your eye, and take a picture!
2. Set two cameras. Set two cameras with the different lens to get a variety you desperately need in wedding photography. It will make everything easier and you will always have another point of view before taking a shot for each camera give you another perspective.
3. Bring another photographer. Having a backup in a wedding is a great strategy to make sure you get the best shot and complete photos. You could divide the job depends on your need and you will have more photos in the end that you can compare to deliver an album to the couple that will fill with best pictures.
4. Be bold. You are responsible for taking the best moment either it is the formal or the candid. You need to be bold in the formal shot but you have to ask the couple to make sure that you don’t disturb the ceremony. Timing is also really important, so you need to make sure that you are ready to get the best moment.
5. RAW shots. Shooting in RAW will make you manipulate the pictures more easily because, in wedding photography, it is a little bit hard for the lighting is usually tricky. RAW will be a great help you can rely on in order produce the best shot.
6. Backgrounds consideration. It is really common you want a clean and clear background before you are taking the shot. However, in a wedding party people often wander around, so make sure that you have a perfect background that will provide the lights you need.
7. Perspective. You don’t want to produce boring or too formal style of photos, so you need to be more creative with changing your perspective. Try different angles and you will be surprised at how great it could be!