A wedding is one of the best moments filled with joy that people want to remember for the rest of their life. Photographs are one of the best ways to remember those moments, so you really need to prepare yourself to give your best shot in a wedding photography. You will be the one that will hold the responsibility in capturing every moment that could be joyful or compassionate, so get prepared! Now, before you grab your camera, here are some tips to make sure that you will be able to get emotional photos in a wedding;
1. Small details are important. The ring, dresses, flowers, shoes and other small details that the couple fusses about to prepare the wedding will be the interesting memento and give the album another depth. So, always looking out for the details that capture your eye, and take a picture!
2. Set two cameras. Set two cameras with the different lens to get a variety you desperately need in wedding photography. It will make everything easier and you will always have another point of view before taking a shot for each camera give you another perspective.
3. Bring another photographer. Having a backup in a wedding is a great strategy to make sure you get the best shot and complete photos. You could divide the job depends on your need and you will have more photos in the end that you can compare to deliver an album to the couple that will fill with best pictures.
4. Be bold. You are responsible for taking the best moment either it is the formal or the candid. You need to be bold in the formal shot but you have to ask the couple to make sure that you don’t disturb the ceremony. Timing is also really important, so you need to make sure that you are ready to get the best moment.
5. RAW shots. Shooting in RAW will make you manipulate the pictures more easily because, in wedding photography, it is a little bit hard for the lighting is usually tricky. RAW will be a great help you can rely on in order produce the best shot.
6. Backgrounds consideration. It is really common you want a clean and clear background before you are taking the shot. However, in a wedding party people often wander around, so make sure that you have a perfect background that will provide the lights you need.
7. Perspective. You don’t want to produce boring or too formal style of photos, so you need to be more creative with changing your perspective. Try different angles and you will be surprised at how great it could be!